Utah has some of the best packraft trips in the Lower 48. And water levels are at their best right when skiing conditions deteriorate and locals trails are still too sloppy to enjoy.
This year, we’re offering a 20% discount on packraft rentals between now and May 19. Call us at 907-830-1016 to reserve your rental or use the contact form to the right.
Need ideas for where to go packrafting in southern Utah? Here’s a starting point …
Top 5 Best Packraft Trips in Utah
(Photo by Forrest McCarthy)
#1 – The Escalante River
#2 – Muddy Creek (The Chute)
#3 – Dirty Devil
#4 – Green River (Labyrinth Canyon)
#5 – Canyonlands National Park
Rumor has it that veteran packrafter Forrest McCarthy is working on a packrafting guide to Utah for his blog. Stay tuned. We’ll post a link here as soon as it goes live.
For more beta on all these trips also check out the Packrafting Forums sponsored by the American Packrafting Association.
Before heading remember to:
– Check water flows (they can be extremely variable in this region)
– Check the weather (many of these routes are prone to flash floods)
– Bring a good map and compass (and have the skills to use them; it can be confusing country)
– Bring plenty of water and/or know where springs are located
– Get a permit, when necessary
Who out there has packrafted in Utah? In your opinion what’s the best packraft trips Utah has to offer?